Saturday, March 8, 2014

Easy Molten Chocolate Lava (Volcano) Cake

It has been months since my last blog. I was busy moving both house and office and now, still adapting the new environment, the new daily routine and the new working environment. So much to adapt and we had a very "rushing" Chinese New Year this year so, hopefully we can really enjoy the Chinese New Year next year.

As it was a very special Valentine's Day this you (Chinese Valentine's Day and Western Valentine's Day fall on the same day), I decided to make Molten Chocolate Lava Cake for my love ones in spite of my injured hands.

So, here we go..

The Ingrediant: (For 4 person)

20g     plain flour
100g   chocolate (I buy good quality chocolate to have a smoother texture)
100g   butter (unsalted)
2         egg
2         egg yolk
20g     sugar
2tsp    vanilla essence (I skipped this)
a little icing sugar (for decoration)

1.) Melt the chocolate and butter, using double-boiled method.
2.) Beat sugar, egg, egg yolk and vanilla essence using a mixer.
3.) Then, mix 1.) and 2.) together.
4.) Add in the flour, mix a little by little slowly (as we don't want any lumps).
5.) Brush a little butter in the "tall" tin. (you could use tart tin too but a taller tin creates better lava effect).
6.) Pour the mixture into the tin.
7.) Bake at 180 degree in 8 minutes.


Hope you like this recipe! ^^

No comments: