Monday, December 16, 2013

Gula Melaka Jelly, a Malaysian Delicacy!

To me, this dish is like making MAGIC! You will understand what I meant once you try this at home (^^)

Ingredient
20g agar-agar strips
200ml thick santan
200g gula Melaka/palm sugar
80g sugar (my sugar measurement is 20g)
1200ml water (I didn't measure the water, I only make sure that all the agar-agar strips are all in the water)
4 pandan leaves
1/2 tsp salt

Methods
1.) Place water, sugar, agar-agar strips, gula Melaka and pandan leaves in a roomy pan and bring to boil. Lower the heat and simmer until agar-agar strips completely dissolves, about 8 minutes.
2.) Remove the pandan leaves.
3.) Stir in the salt into the coconut milk and pour this into the jelly mixture a little by little.
4.) Return the mixture to the heat and bring it to boil and turn off the heat immediately.
5.) Pour the jelly into a glass dish or jelly mould and leave undisturbed until set. The jelly should separate nicely into 2 layers (a clear gula Melaka layer and a coconut layer)! This is why I said it's MAGIC!

Simply love the aroma and the taste! Oh my, the aroma filled the whole house!!

No comments: