Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Flip-Flop Book

This is our very first flip-flop book and we took around one month to finish it. Since SyuenSyuen wanted to know times before dinosaur and Ice Age, we decided to go through the prehistoric time line. I had hard time finding the information and sometimes, confused with the time line. And of course, summarizing the time line and simplifing the whole stuff had been a challenge to me. Yup, me too learning something from all the research. It took me a week to do the research.

Then, we spent a day to view the slideshow from National Geographic website, a wonderful slideshow http://science.nationalgeographic.com/science/prehistoric-world/prehistoric-time-line/ SyuenSyuen loves the story line that I tried my best to tell :)

Then, we spent another week on drawing and colouring all the pictures.


Another week spent with attaching parts of the flip-flop book and pasting all the pictures in it. Finally, our very long flip-flop book was done! It took us plenty of time but it really pays off.


I put the flip-flop book together with the other storybooks in our bookshelf, it will be one of our bedtime storybooks! :)


No comments: